Shopper's Corner began in 1937 with the sale of one of many Espindola chain markets to two of its store managers Ed Calwell and Carl Schwartz. After a year of accumulated debt and hard times with the post-Depression era.
In 1940 the store was purchased by Emmet "Bud" Beauregard and Vincent Williams
Dorothy Powell has been checking at Shopper's Corner for 45 years and has no plans to give it up now.
We earned a Green Business certification and installed 270 solar panels to help reduce our carbon emissions by nearly 100,000 pounds each year.
Santa Cruz Waves named us best grocery store for meat, wine, cheese and produce.